Sunday, September 19, 2010

Queen Asha

It's been a minute since I've posted anything. Or drawn or painted anything or that matter. But I'm trying to get back on creative wagon. So in the meantime, check out these sketches of my homegirl Asha a few months agao. I horned in on a drawing session with a waaaayyy better artist (hi nancy!) and felt quite intimidated, but tried to just relax and treat it for what it was. An exercise session of some seriously atrophied muscles. Let me know your thoughts. Constructive criticism is welcome!

this is my favorite, charcoal on paper:


i'm not good with facial features but I tried:


my attempt at full face:







1 comment:

  1. Hey Alysia, Asha and I are starting back with our 1 hour sessions. We had one last Friday. We'll put you on the email alert. I'm now working on colored paper and really like how the paper works with the drawing.

    Similar to your mixed media figure drawings on brown paper - those are really nice!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete